Attention TMATYC members! Do you have ideas you’d like to share with your colleagues across the state? Are you trying something new in your classroom that has been successful? Can’t wait until next Spring to present your fascinating problems and research?
Then consider submitting a blog post to the TMATYC website! We are currently accepting submissions betwee 500 and 2000 words in the following categories:
- Opinions and thoughts on current issues affecting mathematics faculty in Tennessee
- Interesting/tricky problems and brainteasers
- Successful pedagogy and classroom strategies
- On-going and recent mathematics education research
- Other topics as appropriate
Articles should be submitted as a Word document (or equivalent) to tn.matyc at gmail.com. Submissions will be reviewed and posted on a rolling basis. Questions can be directed to Brittany Mosby (blmosby at pstcc.edu). We look forward to hearing from you!
The Tennessee Mathematical Association of Two Year Colleges is the official Tennessee affiliate of the American Mathematical Association of Two Year Colleges (AMATYC).
We are a nonprofit, educational association for those interested in mathematics education within the first two years of college. Our purpose is to:
- encourage the development of effective mathematics curricula and programs
- afford a state forum for the interchange of ideas
- further develop and improve the mathematics education and the mathematics-related experiences of students in two-year colleges
- promote the professional welfare and development of our members.
Many thanks to all who participated, volunteered, and worked to make our 16th annual spring conference at Pellissippi State Community College a success! As always, we were able to reconnect with colleagues, share some awesome ideas, and fellowship in the name of mathematics! We encourage you to keep the conversations started this weekend going virtually by using the hashtag #TMATYC17 on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Conference proceedings as well as the minutes of the Business Meeting will be made available online. Please forward any questions to the TMATYC Executive Board using the Contact link above!